Content Marketing Manager
Are you looking to be part of an emerging software company, in one of the hottest spaces in the market?
Are you a content marketing star looking to leave your mark on a booming industry? Do you want to help evangelize something that is changing the way people think about cybersecurity risk, and lead cutting-edge inbound marketing programs at the same time? We are looking for a high energy content producer who is looking to take a career leap. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
As a Content Marketing Manager, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a breakthrough and profitable company that is growing fast. RiskLens is a hot software startup that is helping large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from the business perspective. The market is rapidly developing and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world's largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail and healthcare.
We are looking for a prolific and talented content creator to write, produce and edit various types of downloadable content and blog regularly, to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This role requires a high level of attention to detail, and project management skills:
- You’ll work closely with various groups, including Sales, Customer Success Team and subject matter experts to develop, leverage, assess and refine marketing materials, ultimately delivering the content by buyer persona that enables our marketing efforts to drive continued growth.
- Own and drive the content publishing calendar for the Company
- Create 1–2 free resources each month to drive leads, subscribers, awareness, and/or other important metrics (examples include ebooks, whitepapers, infographics, guides, templates, etc.)
- Editing and coordinating 4-6 pieces of content per week (example, case studies, blogs, press releases, emails)
- Promote content and offers to attract site visitors through search, social media, and email subscribers
- Grow our subscriber base by providing them with regular, helpful content that’s aligned with their needs and interests
- Collaborate with designers, product marketers, sales professionals, and external influencers and industry experts to produce relevant content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience
- Persuade others that your creative ideas are worth investing time and effort in. This role is at the core of the marketing team, and others will rely on your work every single day.
Skills and Experience
RiskLens is a high-energy, high-performance company with a fun work environment! Our Content Marketing Manager must have a strong attention to detail, be well organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Required skills and experience include:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, english or relevant area of study
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business' various types of content
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale blog marketing strategies and tactics
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (Blog, Email, Newsletter, Press release, LinkedIn and Twitter, etc.).
- Past experience building audiences
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
- “Get it done" attitude and a background of delivering superb work again and again
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to drive content creation that aligns with our buyer personas’ interests and needs
Desired (but not required) skills include familiarity with HubSpot or similar Marketing Automation/CRM platforms such as Salesforce, Eloqua or Pardot.
This position is based in Reston, Virginia. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a high energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.