Contract Manager & Procurement Specialist
RiskLens seeks a highly-motivated and adaptable Contract Manager & Procurement Specialist to join our team. This is a hybrid role that is focused on the management of the contracting process and vendor on-boarding activities associated with providing RiskLens’ SaaS products and professional services to Fortune 1000 customers. Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are critical in this role.
The Contract Manager & Procurement Specialist will serve as liaison to executives, both internal and external, proactively working with customers to ensure contract compliance, due-diligence coordination, and assistance with policy creation and implementation as necessary. As this is a diverse role, your willingness to take on new challenges will provide you with a variety of opportunities to expand your skills and expertise. You will be part of a growing risk management software company and will work with dedicated individuals in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
The candidate will report to the Controller and will be responsible for:
- Drafting, evaluation, and negotiation of contracts, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Software Licensing and Professional Services Agreements ensuring alignment to proposed customer terms and current company policies and procedures.
- Providing redline recommendations and often negotiating directly with customer attorneys or purchasing staff until consensus has been reached.
- Working with corporate legal counsel to communicate complex legal issues and facilitate redline negotiations as necessary to protect company IP, limit liabilities, and ensure agreements include applicable contractual provisions.
- Working with Finance to ensure contractual terms address broader finance and risk requirements such as revenue recognition, pricing and discount policies, and export and tax issues.
- Managing time-sensitive contracts and documents through the execution process, maintaining contractual documentation such as receipt and control of all contract correspondence, contractual changes, and applicable signatures.
- Ensuring that signed contracts are communicated to all relevant parties to provide contract visibility and awareness.
- Monitoring transaction compliance (milestones, deliverables, invoicing etc.).
- Participating in weekly status calls with Customers during contracting process.
- Participating in weekly internal sales calls to communicate project status to RiskLens team.
- Coordination of internal and external parties to initiate vendor on-boarding activities, such as due diligence, and other security reviews and obtaining/circulating other applicable customer policies.
- Completion of vendor registration among customer-directed supplier networks/portals.
- Maintenance of D&B, SAM, and TRACE registrations.
- Development and maintenance of processes to ensure contract compliance and ongoing obligations.
- Identifying and communicating areas of recurrent pressure, drafting and implementation of related policies as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree with focus in legal, negotiation/purchasing, or project management; or
- 2+ years as a legal assistant, contracts administrator, or paralegal; or
- Other relevant experience with commercial legal transactions and procurement among Fortune 1000 companies.
- Ability to deal effectively with diverse individuals at all organizational levels; professional, personable, approachable and courteous demeanor.
- Must be organized and able to handle multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication in person, in groups, via email, and other written formats.
- Advanced editing and proofreading skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Creative, flexible, enthusiastic and innovative team player.
- In-house experience at software company
RiskLens will obtain criminal background screening on all candidates for employment prior to or upon acceptance of offer of employment.