Director of SaaS Marketing - B2B
Are you looking to be part of an emerging software company, in one of the hottest spaces in the market?
Are you a SaaS marketing star looking to leave your mark in a booming industry? Do you want to help evangelize something that is changing the way people think about cybersecurity risk, and lead cutting-edge inbound marketing programs at the same time? We are looking for a high energy marketing leader who is looking to take a career leap. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
As a Director of SaaS Marketing, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a breakthrough and profitable company that is growing fast. RiskLens is a hot software startup that is helping large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from the business perspective. The market is rapidly developing and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world's largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail and healthcare.
The candidate will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing comprehensive marketing plans and campaigns that include content creation, email, webinars, collateral, videos, in-person events, PR, and industry tradeshows
- Developing and managing orchestrated outreach to target prospects, in collaboration with the sales team, to generate qualified leads and grow the top of the sales pipeline
- Communicating overall company positioning externally through Web, social media, PR, email and other marketing communications programs and channels
- Creating and maintaining compelling web pages (for risklens.com and the wider community at fairinstitute.org), thought leadership, hosting of specialized content, and creatively expanding web presence to better support lead generation for campaigns on an ongoing basis
- Assuring the quality of all marketing deliverables, both in terms of writing as well as visuals
- Coordinating tradeshow presence and promotions, identifying new opportunities for speaking engagements at relevant events, writing and tracking speaking abstracts
- Working closely with Engineering to generate content and support product launches and enhancements
- Working with Finance to manage the Marketing budget and track marketing expenses
- Testing, tracking, and evaluating results of all marketing initiatives to ensure effectiveness of marketing campaigns, lead conversions, and proper use of budgeted resources and continuous program improvement
- Managing direct report(s), expert contractors and external vendors, including entire lifecycle of contracting process
Skills and Experience
RiskLens is a high-energy, high-performance company with a fun work environment! Our Director of SaaS Marketing must have a strong attention to detail, be well organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Required skills and experience include:
- Min. 5 years B2B marketing experience in a SaaS company. Experience in cyber security field highly desirable.
- Bachelors degree in marketing or other relevant area of study
- Optimization of customer acquisition models through innovative inbound marketing programs
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Experience on the major social media sites: LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook
- Ability to communicate on social platforms in a consistent, on-brand voice
- Analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/ scale marketing strategies and tactics
- Ability to drive content creation that aligns with our buyer personas’ interests and needs
- Ability to work at a fast-paced company where the feedback cycle is measured in hours rather than weeks
- “Get it done" attitude and a background of delivering superb work again and again
Desired (but not required) skills include familiarity with HubSpot or similar Marketing Automation/CRM platforms such as Salesforce, Eloqua or Pardot.
This position is based in Reston, Virginia. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a high energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.