The Marketing Manager is an entry level position with the potential for advancement within the organization. The primary objective of this position is to ensure that RiskLens successfully executes inbound marketing strategies that drive outstanding business results for our customers.
The candidate will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for:
- Managing RiskLens' social media accounts and growing social media reach
- Leveraging social networks to enhance campaign performance
- Serving as a thought leader and sharing your ideas by creating content for RiskLens’ blog
- Editing other writers’ content and formatting it for publication on RiskLens’ blog
- Optimizing content for search engines and lead generation
- Contributing to long-form content projects such as ebooks and whitepapers
- Conducting analytical projects to improve the results RiskLens gets from its marketing strategies
- Developing and implementing keyword strategies to improve online ranking and traffic
- Managing email campaigns from start to finish, including planning, testing, evaluating, and reporting
- Optimizing lead nurturing campaigns
- Producing and promoting webinars
- Creating and optimizing landing pages
- Understanding and creating content that aligns with our buyer personas’ interests and needs
- Updating Risklens' website
- Supporting the CEO in the creation of monthly, quarterly and annual reports summarizing RiskLens’ marketing performance
The position involves daily coordination with other resources such as web developers, graphic designers, and copywriters. This is an opportunity to join a small but very rapidly growing team and do meaningful work that is on the cutting edge of the software marketing industry.
Skills and Experience
RiskLens is a high-energy, high-performance company with a fun work environment! Our Marketing Manager must have a strong attention to detail, be well organized and have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Required skills and experience include:
- Bachelors degree in marketing or other relevant area of study
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the abiity to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Experience on the major social media sites – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- The ability to communicate on social platforms in a consistent, on-brand voice
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/ scale marketing strategies and tactics
- The ability to create content that aligns with our buyer personas’ interests and needs
Our #1 requirement is that you have strong writing and editing skills, so if you are not a great writer and editor, please don’t apply!
Desired (but not required) skills include:
- Familiarity with WordPress, HubSpot, Salesforce
- Experience with Photoshop and InDesign
This position is based in Reston, Virginia. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, a high energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.