Software Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: US, Remote
Job Type: Full Time
Are you interested in joining one of North Americas fastest-growing technology companies, as named by Deloitte Fast 500 in 2019 & 2020?
RiskLens is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Engineer to play a key role within the RiskLens Software Engineering Team. In this exciting and fast paced role, you will help us mature our new SaaS platform, enabling the largest organizations on the planet to understand and manage their cybersecurity risk in an entirely new way.
Our team has a strong ability to think strategically and reasonably in an environment with a lot of moving pieces. An appetite for collaboration, a keen sense of ownership, and efficient execution. In this role, you will be a key player in the development of new functionality and enhancements to our SaaS application, across our entire engineering stack, utilizing leading edge technologies.
RiskLens is a software startup backed by premier Venture Capitals that is helping large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from the business perspective. The market is rapidly developing, and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world’s largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, high-tech and healthcare.
RiskLens offers comprehensive healthcare package, unlimited paid time off policy, generous parental leave, a true team culture and career growth through personal and professional development opportunities. We are growing fast and so will you.
This position is responsible for the effective execution of the software quality assurance processes within RiskLens, including our QA automation strategy and implementation. These processes include test script development, functional test execution, automated test build-out, updating test environments, and defect documentation and tracking. The Software Quality Assurance Engineer works closely with software engineers and product owners to understand the system under test, ensuring that manual and automated functional test cases provide adequate test coverage to minimize the risk of production defects.
Within 30 Days:
- Familiarize yourself with
- RiskLens’ software development lifecycle (SDLC) including the agile product development process
- Existing test automation frameworks and QA tools (TestRail, SauceLabs, Selenium, Xunit, Jmeter)
- API test suite in Postman
- Participate in code reviews and design sessions
- Develop detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test cases and test plans (TestRail)
- Contribute, as a QA engineer, on a scrum team, collaborating with product owners, designers and engineers to deliver business value on an iterative basis
- Learn the FAIR ontology and become familiar with how our product is solving customer needs
Within 60 Days:
- Create, design, implement and maintain automation framework(s) and test scripts (Selenium)
- Devise test strategies to adequately cover requirements
- Develop high-level test scenarios that implement the strategy, and elaborate scenarios into detailed test cases
- Assist with RiskLens Platform regression testing
- Familiarize yourself with the test automation roadmap (API, Engine Testing, etc)
- Familiarize yourself with the Azure DevOps pipeline and existing CI/CD automation
Within 120 Days:
- Develop a working knowledge of the domain, product and value proposition including the key primary and secondary personas, their pain points and their desired outcomes
- Responsible for the QA test automation roadmap with a focus on continued improvement and automation maturity
- Implement our top 2 automation initiatives: API automation (in progress), Engine test automation
Desired Skills and Experience
If you can accomplish the above, and you include a cover letter detailing why working at RiskLens is a win-win opportunity, you’re the engineer we are looking for. You’ll need 4+ years and a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience, of proven knowledge and practical experience in QA automation and Agile development. You will also need a track record of success working within a fast-paced environment cultivating relationships, mentoring teammates, and iteratively solving complex problems.
RiskLens, Inc. is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
TO APPLY, SIMPLY COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. ONCE WE RECEIVE YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION, WE WILL REVIEW IT AND CONFIRM RECEIPT. QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED DIRECTLY REGARDING INTERVIEWS. NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE.