Senior Cloud Engineer
Location: US Remote
Job Type: Full Time
Are you interested in joining one of North Americas fastest-growing technology companies, as named by Deloitte Fast 500 in 2019 & 2020?
Do you want to be part of building the Leading-Edge Cloud application responsible for disrupting the way organizations measure and manage cybersecurity risk? Are you a high performing individual ready to make a significant contribution to a growing tech company in a hot space?
RiskLens is looking for Senior Cloud Engineer to become a vital member of the Systems Engineering team. In this exciting role, you will build and maintain our Cyber Risk Quantification PAAS (Platform as a Service) application for the RiskLens platform that enables the largest organizations on the planet to understand and manage their cybersecurity risk in entirely new ways.
RiskLens is a software startup backed by premier Venture Capitals that is helping large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from a business perspective. The market is rapidly developing, and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world’s largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail, and healthcare.
RiskLens offers a comprehensive healthcare package, unlimited paid time off policy, generous parental leave, true team culture, and career growth through personal and professional development opportunities. We are growing fast, and so will you.
In this exciting role, you will report to the Director of Information Technology and contribute to the success of RiskLens.
Within 30 days (about 4 and a half weeks)
- Gain an understanding of RiskLens training offerings, products, and professional services.
- Gain understanding and Knowledge of RiskLens PAAS / IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service) infrastructure
- Familiarize yourself with RiskLens Risk Assessment SaaS (Software as A Service) platform
- Provide Technical Deep Dive on Existing Infrastructure and Relative Understanding
- Understand and Review RiskLens PAAS roadmap in depth.
Within 60 days (about 2 months)
- Develop reasonable expertise of RiskLens infrastructure and roadmap.
- Develop a plan for improvement of Key Areas of Responsibility as delegated
- Accomplish end to end Systems understanding and ownership of key responsibilities.
- Collaborate with DevOps and Engineering SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to develop executive plans for Platform Improvements.
In six months
- Take ownership of PAAS production environments and all associated and delegated responsibilities.
- Recommend and implement improvement plans based on material knowledge and industry best practices.
What will you do? (role and deliverables)
- Build a strong collaborative working relationship with DevOps, cloud platform engineering, application security, and Software engineering teams.
- Maintain and master SQL Server and Azure SQL servers
- Provide support and resolution for complex technical issues
- Install, configure, administer, and monitor cloud based PAAS infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage (Azure Sentinel, Armor Anywhere, NewRelic, etc.)
- Validate the architecture and use cases of RiskLens PAAS and Microsoft services in the customer support cycle.
- Perform regular security reviews including remediating gaps in infrastructure not meeting compliance rules (PCI, SOC2, HIPAA, NIST ISO27001 etc.), document systems, processes, and procedures.
- Feed market intelligence and potential product improvements to the exec and technical team and development team
- Expert development of run books, system configuration and architecture documentation
- Mentor Junior Engineers
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest security standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or other technical bachelor’s degree) or 10 years equivalent experience in lieu of.
- 5+ years of experience in software design, development, and engineering, including Agile development methodologies.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure
- Solid AZURE SQL skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with PAAS application support and Design e.g.
- DevOps Pipeline (Azure)
- SQL Database Administration
- Zero Trust Environments
- Show examples of completed projects/assets.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a remote work setting.
- Interest in developing FAIR (Factor Analysis of Information Risk) and RiskLens knowledge and skills over time.
- Stretching every day, working to build great learning to achieve customer success.
Complete the form at the bottom of this page. We ask a couple of questions to find out a bit more about you than a typical cover letter might touch on. Here are some tips:
Be who you are; let your experience speak for itself. Relax, be creative, and tell us why you are interested.
Once we receive your completed application, we will review it. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly regarding interviews. Please, no phone calls or direct emails.
RiskLens, Inc. is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Candidates will be subject to criminal background checks and drug screening. I must be eligible to work in the United States.