SQL Database Administrator (DBA)
Location: US, Remote
Job Type: Full Time
Are you interested in joining one of North Americas fastest-growing technology companies, as named by Deloitte Fast 500 in 2019 & 2020?
Do you want to be part of building the Leading-Edge Cloud application responsible for disrupting the way organizations measure and manage cybersecurity risk? Are you a high performing individual ready to make a significant contribution to a growing tech company in a hot space?
We are looking for a Database Administrator to be part of our Systems Engineering team. This person will design, develop, maintain and support our Enterprise Data Warehouse & Production SQL instances for the RiskLens platform that enables the largest organizations on the planet to understand and manage their cybersecurity risk in entirely new ways, using various data & BI tools, this position offers unique opportunity to make significant impact to the entire organization in developing data tools and driving data driven culture.
RiskLens is a software startup backed by premier Venture Capitals that is helping large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from a business perspective. The market is rapidly developing, and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world’s largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail, and healthcare.
RiskLens offers a comprehensive healthcare package, unlimited paid time off policy, generous parental leave, true team culture, and career growth through personal and professional development opportunities. We are growing fast, and so will you.
In this exciting role, you will report to the Director of Information Technology and contribute to the success of RiskLens.
Within 30 days
- Gain an understanding of RiskLens SQL and Azure Data Factory
- Backup and restore strategy
- Scheduled SQL Server Agent jobs, maintenance plans and automation
- Monitoring and performance tools
- Gain understanding of RiskLens PAAS / IAAS (Infrastructure as a Service) infrastructure
- Familiarize yourself with RiskLens SaaS platform
- Provide Technical Deep Dive on Existing Infrastructure and Relative Understanding
- Understand and Review RiskLens PAAS roadmap in depth.
Within 60 days
- Develop reasonable expertise of RiskLens SQL, Engine, Azure Data Factory infrastructure and roadmap.
- Develop a plan for improvement of Key Areas of Responsibility as delegated.
- Accomplish end to end Systems understanding and ownership of key responsibilities.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Data Science and Engineering SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to develop executive plans for Platform Enhancements and Improvements.
- Query tuning, disaster recovery, schema refinement, monitoring and performance
- Proactively monitor SQL Server maintenance tasks, troubleshoot failed jobs and resolve issues in a timely manner.
Within 120 days
- Take ownership of PAAS production SQL and Azure Data Factory environments and all associated and delegated responsibilities.
- Recommend and implement improvement plans based on material knowledge and industry best practices.
- Update/Develop documentation and training of routine database administration tasks.
What will you do? (role and deliverables)
- Build a strong collaborative working relationship with DevOps, cloud platform engineering, application security, and Software engineering teams.
- Provide support and resolution for complex technical issues
- Install, configure, administer, and monitor SQL, Azure Data factory, (other) data infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage.
- Validate the architecture and use cases of RiskLens PAAS and Microsoft services in the customer support cycle.
- Perform regular security reviews including remediating gaps in infrastructure not meeting compliance rules (PCI, SOC2, HIPAA, NIST ISO27001 etc.), document systems, processes, and procedures.
- Development of system configuration and architecture documentation.
- Ensure that our applications and infrastructure are designed and implemented to the highest standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or other technical bachelor’s degree) or 3-6 years equivalent experience in lieu of.
- 2-5+ years of experience in SQL administration
- Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO)
- DB troubleshooting, Query tuning, schema refinement
- Backups, restore and recovery models
- High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server
- Perform upgrades, service packs, etc.
- Experience in Logical and Physical Database modelling
- 1+ years of experience in ETL or related work
- Strong experience with Microsoft Azure
- Demonstrated proficiency with PAAS SQL application support and Design
- The ability to work collaboratively in a remote work setting.
Complete the form on the right side of this page.
We ask a couple of questions to find out a bit more about you than a typical cover letter might touch on. Here are some tips:
Be who you are; let your experience speak for itself.
Relax, be creative, and tell us why you are interested.
Once we receive your completed application, we will review it. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly regarding interviews. Please, no phone calls or direct emails.
RiskLens, Inc. is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Candidates will be subject to criminal background checks and drug screening. I must be eligible to work in the United States.