Are you a Data Scientist looking for an opportunity in one of the hottest spaces in the market?
You’re passionate about Data Science and would be excited to research and build data-driven solutions to feed our world-class Software-as-a-Service platform. You love the entire Data Science process, from developing a solid business question, to data acquisition and cleaning, exploratory analysis, developing a model, and building the software for your models to be used in a production environment!
You love getting in the trenches of a deep data analysis, later surfacing to write elegant, modular code.Much of what you will be doing is research, exploring complicated data sets, and developing solutions to wrangle those data sets and then deliver models or model outputs to our production system. You need to be comfortable with failure, able to say “I don’t know,” and be willing to pivot quickly when more promising leads arise.
You have the experience we need. Optimally you have 2 or more years of experience in the Data Science space. You are comfortable coding in Python or R (no language wars here!). Even more importantly, you are innately curious and are passionate about constantly learning and picking up new skills.
You care about doing what it takes to fulfill your customers’ needs. At RiskLens, the Data Science team’s customers are both internal andexternal. Your communication skills need to be top-notch, as a big part of the job is influencing internal decision-makers to actually adopt the solutions you have worked so hard to develop, and then showing external customers how our models will make their risk analyses better! Your ability to take customers’ requirements and turn them into real solutions is critical for success in this role.
You're a self-starter and a critical thinker. You're capable of taking on technical challenges big and small. You’re comfortable with ambiguity. Sometimes you'll be working solo on a project; as such, you can work with minimal guidance and seek the best solution. Other times, you’ll be working closely with another team member, so we will seek evidence showing that you are a strong team player.
We're RiskLens and we're changing the way Fortune 500 enterprises measure and manage their cyber security risk. We help organizations quantify their cyber security risk in dollars so it can be managed in business terms.
Our SaaS platform isn't your run-of-the-mill web app that lets you fill in a form and does nothing else and definitely not another glorified image sharing platform. The RiskLens platform uses Monte Carlo simulations, distributions, the Factor Analysis of Information Risk model and a few other interesting bits to answer real cybersecurity questions. We're growing fast and leading the market for quantitative cyber security risk analysis.
Our Data Science team is a highly collaborative team that works closely with the product management and software engineering teams to create data-driven products to integrate into our world-class software. Our goal on the Data Science team is to delight our customers by making FAIR analyses easier, faster, more accurate, and more repeatable.
What You'll Be Doing
RiskLens is a rapidly growing startup and you'll be part of our Data Science team responsible for changing the way companies make complex decisions by using data. Here are some of the things you'll be doing day to day:
- Implementing data modeling techniques to explore and understand cyber security data and its relationship to the Factor Analysis of Information Risk model.
- Researching, designing, and developing new data-driven approaches and machine learning or statistical models that will power RiskLens products and offerings.
- Working in a highly collaborative cross-functional team, interacting frequently with the software engineering team, product managers, model architects, and the professional services team.
- Effectively communicating complex models in a manner in which a wide range of audiences can comprehend.
- Helping to design scalable and automated ETL/ELT processes.
- 2+ years of experience with data analytics processes including: data processing, exploratory analysis, machine learning, statistical analysis, and communication of results.
- Proficiency with software development in R or Python. Package and API development experience is a plus, as is previous experience putting machine learning models into a production environment.
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data sets, of a wide range of sizes.
- Experience with modern Machine Learning techniques and related open-source software packages. Familiarity with unsupervised learning techniques and recommendation engines is helpful.
- Demonstrated track record of complex data analysis, data modeling, and predictive analytics.
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, and computing engines like Spark.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight from concept to delivery in a team or in solo delivery.
- BA or BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related fields. Preferred MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or related field.
Desired Skills (But Not Required)
- Experience working in Cyber Security, Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, or related field.
- Experience in working on SaaS products or large enterprise products.
- Familiarity with distributed source control (Git).
This position is based with our Data Science team in beautiful downtown Spokane, Washington. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, a high-energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition for potential employment at RiskLens, Inc.
RiskLens, Inc. is proud to be an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Complete the form on the right of this page.
We ask a couple questions to find out a bit more about you than a typical cover letter might touch on. Here's some tips:
- Be who you are, let your experience speak for itself.
- Relax, be creative, but do answer them all.
Once we receive your completed application, we will review it and confirm receipt. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly regarding interviews. Please, no phone calls.