Flexible in the United States, Preference Spokane, Washington
Are you a Data Scientist looking for an opportunity in one of the hottest spaces in the market?
Are you a Data Scientist looking to change the way companies make complex decisions by using data? Are you an innately curious and natural born problem solver wanting to make your mark in a rapidly growing market? We're looking for a highly motivated Data Scientist who gets excited about solving complex problems and is a passionate problem solver. If that is you, we want to hear from you.
We're RiskLens and we're changing the way Fortune-500 enterprises measure and manage their cyber security risk. We help organizations quantify their risk in dollars so it can be managed in business terms; instead of poor qualitative methods like red/yellow/green and high/medium/low. We do this by using the Factor Analysis of Information Risk model, Monte Carlo simulations, distributions, and customer data (plus a few other tricks up our sleeves). We're growing fast and leading the market for quantitative cyber security risk analysis.
The candidate will report directly to the CTO/VP of Product and will be responsible to:
- Implement statistical algorithms and data modeling to explore and understand cyber security data and it's relationship to the Factor Analysis of Information Risk model.
- Identify, design, and develop new data-driven statistical approaches and models that will power RiskLens products and offerings.
- Design scalable and automated ETL and ELT processes.
- Working in a highly collaborative cross-functional team which will require collaboration as part of the software engineering team for delivery, with other model architects, and with professional services in providing customer guidance.
- Effectively communicate complex models in a manner in which a wide range of audiences can comprehend.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of experience with quantitative analysis and data analytics processes including: Monte Carlo simulations, statistical analysis, and data processing.
- 2+ years of experience with data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Ability to program in a common language for data analysis such as R, Python, and Spark.
- Experience in working with data sets (structured and unstructured) for statistical analysis in tools such as Excel and prefably have experience at scale with SQL Server, MySQL, Hadoop, etc.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of solving complex data analysis, statistical analysis, and data modeling problems.
- Ability to work with minimal oversight from concept to delivery in a team or in solo delivery.
- BA or BS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, or related fields. Preferred MS degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Economics, or related field.
Desired Qualifications (But Not Required)
- Experience working in Cyber Security, Information Security, Enterprise Risk Management, or related field.
- Experience with modern Machine Learning techniques.
- Experience in working on SaaS products or large enterprise products.
- Familiarity with object oriented languages such as C# or Java.
- Familiarity with distributed source control.
This position is based in Spokane, Washington, but for the right candidate we are open to working in our Reston, Virginia office, or even remotely. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, a high-energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Complete the form on the right of this page. Once we receive your completed application, we will review it and confirm receipt. Qualified canidates will be contacted directly regarding interviews. Please, no phone calls.