Director of Global Alliances
Are you looking to be part of an emerging software company, in one of the hottest spaces in the market?
Are you an alliances and business development manager looking to leave your mark in a booming industry? Do you want to help create a partner ecosystem that will change the way the industry manages cybersecurity risk?
RiskLens is looking for a Director of Global Alliances to accelerate our growth and add value to our existing products and services through strategic partnerships.
Viable candidates must be goal driven, have experience in negotiating agreements, and a strong, successful track record in developing and closing technology/professional services/reseller alliances, while managing pipelines in a highly effective and disciplined way. We look for ‘win-win’ agreements with our alliance partners and you must be able to develop business plans in a collaborative way, with a focus on long-term sustainability and success for both parties. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
As our Director of Global Alliances, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a breakthrough company that is growing fast. RiskLens is a hot software startup that is helping large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from the business perspective. The market is rapidly developing and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world's largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail and healthcare. Our aim through this position is to become the software provider of choice for the larger risk management industry.
The candidate will report directly to the CEO and responsibilities include:
- Identify and recruit new alliance partners in key markets to support strategic corporate initiatives
- Contact new and existing prospective RiskLens partners; ascertain if there is alignment and opportunity in a way that ensures profitability for RiskLens
- Take over management of existing partnerships
- Maintain alliances pipeline and forecast. Serves as point of contact between partners and the RiskLens management team
- Effectively communicate the RiskLens solution and the possible joint value proposition
- Help define formal partner programs for technology-, professional services- and reseller- alliances, which may include responsibilities to:
- Develop joint business and go-to-market plans
- Develop internal programs to support partners
- Forecast pipeline and revenue potential
- Coordinate related leads and follow through with sales team
- Assist in the negotiation of the contracts and the deal mechanics
- Coordinate and conduct sales training for partner onboarding
- Assist Partners in broadening their product expertise and sales opportunities
- Build and maintain quarterly partner business plans for top partner accounts
- Work well with peers to ensure consistent project management practices. Create and sustain an environment that fosters teamwork, excellence, respect, and accountability
- Work as program champion with partners to ensure focus on results for RiskLens and continued partner and customer satisfaction
- Attend trade shows, channel customer feedback to marketing and development teams, and support sales and organizational team initiatives
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of RiskLens, IT risk management solutions, competitors, industry trends and best practices
- Determine proactive competitive strategies and targeted sales campaigns specific to partner’s capabilities and needs and successfully present, position, and differentiate Risklens’ offerings
Desired Skills and Experience
- BS or BA required.
- Proven minimum seven-year track record in business development and alliances
- Experience in cybersecurity or risk management
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with partner contract negotiations
- Ability to travel, as needed, both domestically and internationally
- Strong organization and analytical skills to manage multiple competing priorities and projects with attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to learn and to apply technical information quickly
- Passionate and self-starter
This position is based in Reston, Virginia. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, a high energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.