Manager of Strategic Partnerships
and Business Development
Are you a business development manager looking to leave your mark in a booming industry? Do you want to help create a partner ecosystem of next-generation cyber risk innovators that will change the way the industry manages cybersecurity risk and develop channel programs at the same time?
RiskLend is looking for a Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships to accelerate our growth and add value to our existing products and services through strategic partnerships.
Viable candidates must be goal driven, have experience in negotiating agreements, and a strong, successful track record in developing, selling, closing accounts and partnerships, while managing a pipeline in a highly effective, disciplined way with clear processes and leading practices. We look for ‘win-win’ with our customer/partners and you must be able to develop a partnership program in a collaborative way with a focus on long-term sustainability and success for both parties. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
As our Manager of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships, you will have an excellent opportunity to join a breakthrough company that is growing fast. RiskLens is a hot software startup that is helping large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from the business perspective. The market is rapidly developing and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world's largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail and healthcare. Our aim through this position is to become the technology provider of choice for the larger risk management industry.
The candidate will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for:
Contact new and provided prospects that are potential RiskLens partners; ascertain if there is alignment and opportunity in a way that ensures profitability for RiskLens
Take over management of existing partnerships
- Maintain a pipeline. Serves as point of contact between potential and existing partners and the RiskLens management team.
- Be able to effectively communicate the RiskLens solution and integration capabilities (if required)
- Build a formal referral program, both nationally and internationally, which may include responsibilities to:
- Design and maintain marketing materials
- Develop internal program to support partners
- Be able to forecast pipeline and revenue potential
- Coordinate related leads and follow through with sales team
- Assist in the negotiation of the contracts and the deal mechanics
- Manage multiple project schedules from planning through project close to roll out partnership programs
- Keep stakeholders well-informed of status through regular team meetings and presentation of reports
- Work well with peers to ensure consistent project management practices. Create and sustain an environment that fosters teamwork, excellence, respect, and accountability
- Work as program champion with partners to ensure focus on results for RiskLens and continued partner account penetration and satisfaction
- Attend trade shows, channel customer feedback to marketing and development teams, and support sales and organizational team initiatives
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of RiskLens, IT risk management solutions, competitors, industry trends and accounting best practices
- Determine proactive competitive strategies and targeted sales campaigns specific to partner’s capabilities and needs and successfully present, position, and differentiate Risklens’ offerings
Skills and Experience
- BS or BA required.
- Solid minimum seven-year track record in sales, business development, and strategic partnerships
- Experience in cybersecurity or risk management
- Must have management experience and be able to be an effective leader both internally and externally
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Experience with contract negotiations
- Ability to travel, as needed
- Strong organization skills to manage multiple competing priorities and projects with attention to detail
- Agility to handle new opportunities/ideas quickly
- Outstanding interpersonal and oral communication skills with an enthusiastic team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrated ability to learn and to apply technical information quickly
- Aggressive, great attitude, organizational skills and a self-starter
This position is based in Reston, Virginia. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, a high energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.