Are you a Product Owner looking for an opportunity with an emerging software company, in one of the hottest spaces in the market?
You're passionate about product. Desire to work on a world-class enterprise Software-as-a-Service platform serving some of the largest companies in the world. Your job to be done is translating customer problems into product solutions.
You thrive in an agile environment. As part of the product team you'll be acting as the customer voice to the software engineering team. From defining and creating actionable stories for the backlog to its prioritization. You're there to make sure the product vision is implemented correctly.
You've got the experience we need. Optimally you have 4+ years of experience in product. Preferably with agile scrum teams and with enterprise software. Understanding of common product frameworks like the Kano Model and Jobs to be Done is a plus.
You're a self-starter and a critical thinker. You're capable of taking on technical challenges big and small. Sometimes you'll be working solo on a project, as such; you can work with minimal guidance and seek the best solution.
We're RiskLens and we're changing the way Fortune-500 enterprises measure and manage their cyber security risk. We help organizations quantify their cyber security risk in dollars so it can be managed in business terms.
Our SaaS platform isn't your run-of-the-mill web app that lets you fill in a form and does nothing else and definitely not another glorified image sharing platform. The RiskLens platform uses Monte Carlo simulations, distributions, the Factor Analysis of Information Risk model and a few other interesting bits to answer real cybersecurity questions.
Our product and engineerings teams are highly collaborative; using agile practices, Jobs to be Done, the Kano Model, customer interviews, refinement sessions, and a handful of other tools and methodologies to create world-class software. We're growing fast and leading the market for quantitative cyber security risk analysis.
What You'll Be Doing
RiskLens is a rapidly growing startup and you'll be part of our fast-moving and growing product team responsible for designing and planning our platform. Here are some of the things you'll be doing day-to-day:
- Working with the VP of Product to translate product strategy into stories for the software engineering team
- Collaboratively work with the head of UX on research and design of new features
- Working directly with the software engineering team, attending agile meetings, helping communicate the product, stories, and requirements
- Help manage and prioritize the product backlog
- 4+ years as a product owner or similar role
- Understanding and experience with product management concepts such as roadmaps, product vision and strategy, and product market research
- Experience in gathering requirements, creating documentation, and user stories
- Experiencing working with agile scrum teams. Bonus if you are Scrum certified as a product owner
- Ability to work closely with the UX Engineer to visualize and prototype stories and feature sets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can demonstrate the ability to work within a team structure in a collaborative manner
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in the areas of Information Science, Computer Science, or related disciplines
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
This position is full-time and based in downtown in Spokane, Washington. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, a high-energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Complete the form on the right of this page.
We ask a couple questions to find out a bit more about you then a typical cover letter might touch on. Here's some tips:
- Be who you are, let your experience and code speak for itself.
- Relax, be creative, but do answer them all.
Once we receive your completed application, we will review it and confirm receipt. Qualified canidates will be contacted directly regarding interviews. Please, no phone calls.