Are you looking to be part of an emerging software-as-a-service (SaaS) company, in one of the hottest spaces in the market?
Are you a newly qualified CPA ready to move beyond public accounting? Are you eager to transition from auditing and begin making a direct contribution to building a great business? We are looking for a high energy accountant who can combine their rigorous accounting knowledge with a collaborative approach, resulting in the chance to make a real impact to our business. If this is you, we want to hear from you!
RiskLens® is a hot software startup that is helping Fortune 500 and other large organizations quantify cybersecurity risk in dollars and cents and manage it from the business perspective. The market is rapidly developing and we have acquired a significant lead in the marketplace with many of the world's largest companies as customers, in industries as diverse as financial services, retail and healthcare. We recently closed our Series A funding and continue to scale at pace, which makes it a great time to join The RiskLens Team!
The candidate will report to the Chief Financial Officer and will be responsible for the following:
- Full life cycle revenue management, including working with our Sales, Professional Services and Contracts teams to ensure correct revenue recognition and billing
- Revenue, margin and subscriptions reporting and analysis to ensure that management understands business performance and takes appropriate actions
- Develop and report SaaS metrics to provide meaningful business insight
- Become the subject matter expert for revenue recognition, understanding accounting standards, emerging issues and business application
- All aspects of revenue, cost of sales and deferred revenue accounting for monthly close and annual audit
- Working with customers to ensure timely payment
- Ensure sales tax compliance and timely filings
- Support the overall mission of RiskLens and the Finance and Operations team
RiskLens is a high-energy, high-performance company with a fun work environment! Our Revenue Accountant must have a strong attention to detail and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Required Skills and Experience, Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business and CPA license
- Minimum of 2 years work experience
- Public accounting strongly preferred
- SaaS and revenue recognition experience desirable, but not required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with anyone in the business
- Self-motivated, intellectually curious, strong desire to learn and develop, analytical
- Advanced Excel skills and ability to learn other applications quickly
This position is based in Reston, Virginia. We offer competitive salaries and benefits, an unlimited vacation policy, a high energy environment, and lots of room for personal and professional growth.
Simply complete the form to the right above. Once we have received your completed application, we will review it and confirm receipt. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly regarding interviews and next steps. No phone calls, please.