UI/UX Engineer Internship
Do you want to work with the latest technologies and learn what it takes to design a world class Software-as-a-Service platform used by some of the largest companies in the world? If you’re passionate about design, and design user experiences on your way to class then you might be who we’re looking for.
- RiskLens is a Spokane based startup that helps some of the world’s largest companies to quantify cybersecurity risk with our SaaS platform. This isn’t a run-of-the-mill web app that lets you fill in a form and does nothing else and definitely not another glorified image sharing platform. The RiskLens platform uses Monte Carlo simulations, distributions, the Factor Analysis of Information Risk model and a few other interesting bits to answer real cybersecurity questions.
- Our engineering team is a highly collaborative team using agile practices. This is your chance to get a front-row seat and gain real world experience working as part of the product engineering team, teaching you what it takes to document, design, develop, test, and release new features.
- The ideal candidate is design or computer science student (at least a Junior, recent graduates welcome), is able to chew through problems big and small, and is a self-starter. Being familiar with Sketch is a plus but not necessarily a show stopper. HTML and CSS experience is also desirable.
- The internship opportunity is part-time (15-20 hours/week) during school and more hours available during the summer if desired. Compensation is $15/hour. If you’re looking to jumpstart your career this could turn into a long-term employment opportunity.
What You Will Learn
- How to conceptualize, wireframe, and execute new and existing features.
- How to collaborate with product owners to take product requirements from concept to design.
- How to convey design concepts to software engineering.
- How to apply modern user experience and user interface practices to create a highly usable and intuitive end user experience.
- And so much more.