Effective as of October 2020
Personal information we collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, and email address.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products and services, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Automatic data collection. We or our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our sites and other sites and online services. This information (the “Usage Data”) may include:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system or IP address.
- Online activity data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies. Some of our automatic data collection is facilitated by cookies and similar technologies. For more information, see our Cookie Notice.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it.
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- communicate with you about the Service;
- provide support for the Service, respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
- Direct marketing. We may send you RiskLens related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out_of_marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- communicate with you about the Service;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your personal information
- Service providers. Companies that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business, such as hosting, information technology, email delivery and website analytics.
- Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information:
- Opt-out of marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions provided in communications.
- Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and the Service may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Declining to provide information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites, mobile applications or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, security risk is inherent in all internet and information technologies and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We are headquartered in the United States. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
How to Contact us
601 W. Main Ave, Suite 910
Spokane, WA 99201
Information regarding the European Economic Area
Notice to European users
This section applies only to individuals in the United Kingdom and the European Economic Area.
Details regarding each processing purpose listed below are provided in the section above titled “How we use your personal information.
|Processing is necessary to perform the contract governing our provision of the Service.
Where we cannot process your personal data as required to operate the Service on the grounds of contractual necessity, we process your personal information for this purpose based on our legitimate interest in providing you with the Service you access and request.
|Research and development
Compliance and protection
|These activities constitute our legitimate interests.
|Compliance with legal obligations
|Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
|Actions we take with your consent
|Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it any time in the manner indicated when you consent or in the Service.
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Service, or otherwise to us. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal information, you must not submit such sensitive personal information through our Service.
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested; to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements; to establish or defend legal claims; or for fraud prevention). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible. We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of the Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within the United Kingdom or European Economic Area, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or our postal address provided above in the How to contact us section. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction. You can find your data protection regulator here.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
If we transfer your personal information from the United Kingdom or European Economic Area to a country such that we are required to apply additional safeguards to your personal information under European data protection laws, we will do so.