RiskLens invites you to attend the FAIR Institute’s 2022 FAIR Conference (FAIRCON22), September 27-28, at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, D.C. We are once again sponsoring the premiere, quantitative risk management conference that draws experts and beginners in Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR™), the international standard for CRQ and the engine that powers RiskLens software and services.
Find registration information for FAIRCON22 here.
The theme of this year’s FAIRCON is “Scale”. As FAIR has become well established (FAIR Institute membership has topped 13,000 and 10,000 professionals have taken its FAIR Fundamentals training course), many organizations are now looking to take their cyber and operational risk management programs to the next level.
Session topics will include:
- Driving culture change - from a compliance- to a risk-based approach to cybersecurity
- Communicating cyber risk to the board and the business: how is it changing?
- Embedding CRQ in the Infosec governance process
- Better meeting regulations requiring disclosure of material risk
- Scaling a risk-centric business culture
Scheduled speakers practice FAIR analysis at a wide range of organizations: Netflix, Thrivent, Highmark Health, Fannie Mae, Dropbox and many more. Attendees will also be briefed by government regulators from Federal Reserve, CISA and the SEC.
At the conference hotel in the two days preceding the opening, the Institute offers hands-on training courses in FAIR skills:
- FAIR Analysis Fundamentals, the introductory course that prepares learners to take the FAIR certification exam
- Calibrated Probability Assessments for Cyber Risk, taught by Douglas Hubbard, the famed author of How to Measure Anything.
- Lab sessions on reporting risk analysis to the board and senior management and how to run risk analyses at high speed.
Much anticipated: FAIR creator Jack Jones and other experts will reveal more details and techniques for the new FAIR Controls Analytics Model (FAIR-CAM™) that will redefine how organizations view their controls ecosystem and their maturity ratings.
The FAIR Conference is always a rare opportunity to share and compare notes with fellow FAIR practitioners, particularly in your industry, and the conference schedule purposely leaves lots of networking time. Caterpillar, GE, and Fidelity Investments are just a few of the organizations that will be represented at the conference.
For a taste of the level of conversation you can expect at the FAIR Conference in September, check out this coverage of the FAIR Institute’s conference series from earlier this year:
Highlights from the First Event in the 2022 FAIR Conference Series, with Use Cases from Dropbox, Dept. of Energy and More